Call for Gallery Interns
SoLA Contemporary is looking for individuals with a strong desire to learn the structure of a non-profit art organization. Our interns have interaction with the public, both in person and via social media. Ideal candidates will have strong written and organizational skills, be tech-savvy and be eager to meet creative challenges. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow.
Sample internship tasks may include:
- Meeting, greeting and assisting artists, collectors and visitors
- Writing and editing texts for posts, press releases, catalogs and magazine articles
- Assist with curatorial research
- Assist with exhibition coordination, installation design, art handling
- Attending gallery openings and performing various event duties
- Assisting with daily operational duties
This is an unpaid internship with a bi-weekly local travel stipend. Internships require a minimum commitment of at least one day per week.
- experience using a digital camera and knowledge of Photoshop
- up to date knowledge of social media platforms
- understanding and interest in modern and contemporary art
- Commitment: 1 day a week, or remote work for a period of 4-6 months.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Interns.”