Art and Activism: Art of the Issues 2020
SoLA Gallery is looking for artists who are actively addressing current social, environmental, and political issues such as discrimination, climate change, immigration policy, and more.
Artists find it hard to keep from feeling the rage and the pain of the world as they step inside their studio. Many of us have been making art for years about issues surrounding the environment, government, the digital age, to name a few; it’s a cathartic practice. It’s a way to talk and to move through the pain and disbelief as the world around us crumbles. However, there can also be an interesting phenomenon at the end of this process – an epiphany – leading to a positive futurism of creativity and visualization, as we imagine a rebuilding of our world.
SoLA Contemporary would like to call on activist artists to submit their work for an ART + ACTIVISM show, kicking off 2020 with a bang as our first show of the year January 4-11 👊🏼👊🏽 We are looking for artists who are actively addressing current social, environmental and political issues such as discrimination, climate change, immigration, and more
Open to all media. Up to 5 entries may be submitted. No entry fee.
Media will be juried by SoLA Board and Advisory Council
Exhibition displayed January 2020
How to enter
Send an email with the following information to: email@example.com
- Subject: Art + Activism
- Attach: Up to (5) entries as jpgs – approximately 1 mb in size.
- Detail shots may be added.
- Label each .jpg as Last name_title_year_media_dimensions (H x W x D)
- ex: “Van Gogh_Starry Night_1889_oil painting_ 2.5 x 3 inches”
- Include in email
- List of works
- Contact information (name, address, phone)
- Brief artist statement (no more than 1 page)
- If your work is selected, we will request a $15 contribution to SoLA on delivery day to offset the costs of promotion and reception. Thank you.
Entry deadline December 18, 2019
Notification of acceptance December 23, 2019
Delivery January 2, 2020, 11-2p
Opening reception January 4, 2020, 4-7p
Closing talk + pick up January 11, 2020, 2-4p